Monday, September 29, 2014

The Roller Coaster called LIFE

Today is one of those days that I feel like crying, screaming, whining, and pretty much just going to bed with a big bowl of ice cream and a chick-flick. I know that we all have days like these every once in a while and they can be discouraging. My life right now seems to be a roller coaster that is hitting every high and low along the way, everything from feeling stressed beyond believe, to feeling complete joy. I know that life is sometimes a lot to take in, but I have realized that the Lord is always there to not only comfort me, but to help carry me along the way.
A few months ago, right before my first date with Jordan, I was feeling completely discouraged, alone and lost. I was having a hard time dealing with a past relationship that didn’t work out. I was also feeling that because this past relationship didn’t work out, I would never be able to develop a relationship that would last in the future. I was feeling like a complete failure. I  started to doubt that my life would ever work out.
So I got down on my knees, with tears streaming down my face and prayed for some sort of comfort, and to know that someday I would have the opportunity to enter the Lord’s house with the man of my dreams and begin an eternal family. Instantly, every single bit of doubt, stress and sorrow left my mind. I was filled with peace, love, and hope. I knew, without a doubt that my Heavenly Father loves me and that he would guide my life and help me be the best that I could be if I followed his teachings and always returned to Him in prayer.

This was the week before my first date with Jordan. I never knew what would come out of that, I had no idea that a few short months later I would be engaged and preparing to marry the love of my life for time and all eternity! NEVER forget that your Heavenly Father is just a prayer away. If you ask for his help, he will never leave you helpless. He is always there for you! So get on your knees, open your scriptures, let the communication with your Heavenly Father flow into your life and soul. He may not answer you when you want Him to, or even the way you expected or hoped He would, but He will answer you!





No comments:

Post a Comment